Safety gates are one of the most important items that everyone should have at their home once their children start crawling. When your baby starts crawling, they will try to take each and every item on their way and try to put into their mouth, which is more dangerous to your child’s health. Make sure you get the best safety gates with pet door to keep your kids safe as well as make it accessible to pets if you have any. Here are a few tips from the experts at www.childsafetyeurope.org to help you to select a safety gate for your children.
· Basically, there are two types of gates available in the market namely pressure-mounted gates and hardware-mounted gates. Hardware mounted gates are typically fixed onto your walls using bolts and nuts and on the other hand, pressure mounted gates are simply using the air pressure to stick on any wall. Keep in mind that these types of gates have to be used when your babies’ age is between six months to 2 years. It is not safer to use after 2 years of age as they will learn to open the gate and might try to do some tricks to open the door and it may end up in some dangerous situation.
· Whatever may be your choice, ensure to buy a gate from a reputed company and check whether the gate is made it complies with the international quality and safety rules. It should be a branded one and the full address of the manufacturer should be fixed on the gate.
· If you are traveling outside and want to stay more than one day at the new place, then it would be smart to carry a gate with you. Pressure mounted gates are very useful as some of these gates can be folded type and you can carry anywhere and fix it in the hotel room or relative rooms. Make sure to select the right location for fixing the child gate as some places are dangerous for your children safety.
· The most commonly used gate type is hardware mounted gate due to many advantages. These types of gates are made out of wood or steels or aluminium. Make sure that all these materials are made as per the quality standard for child safety.
· Selecting the right height of the gate is the next important factor for children’s safety. Children may grow quickly and hence it is best to buy a gate with good height so that you children cannot claim on the gate.
· The gate should be very strong and at the same time, it should be smooth so that your child will not get hurt while falling down. The edges should not be sharper or squared edges rather it should be round type. It is also recommended to use the professional people to do the installation so that it will be durable and more safety.
So choose wisely to make sure you purchase the best gate to keep your child safe as you carry on with your work.